Percepio’s European training partner MicroConsult in Munich, Germany, offers an extensive 4-day course in RTOS architecture and programming. The course, aptly named “RTOS Mechanisms and their Application in Runtime Architectures for Embedded and Real-time Systems”, covers a broad range of topics.
- General Introduction: Real-time Operating System
- Process/Thread/Task Management
- Interrupt Management
- Time Management
- Coordination Mechanisms: Synchronization
- Coordination Mechanisms: Resource Management
- Communication Mechanisms
- Memory Management
- Input/Output Management
- Debugging at Operating System Mechanism Level
- Embedded and Real-time Software Development Procedure
- Multicore and Multiprocessor Aspects
- Documentation and Communication
- Operating System Abstraction Layer OSAL
- Operating System Selection Guidelines and Product Overview
Practical programming exercises are thrown in throughout the course, leading students through the development of an RTOS-based measurement device application.
The next course takes place 16-19 April; if that’s too soon there will be at least two more opportunities in 2018 and two in the spring of 2019.
UPDATE: the class in April is now fully booked but there are still seats left for the next class, in July.