The Percepio Tracealyzer host application is licensed per development seat, team or organisation. The following license types are available:
- Node-locked licenses, a license key bound to a specific computer. Intended for individual users.
- Floating network licenses, allowing unlimited installations with a maximum number of concurrent users. Intended for small to medium-size teams.
- Site licenses, a shared license key allowing unlimited use at a specific company site.
- Company licenses, a shared license key allowing unlimited within your company/division.
- Academic licenses – see below.
Products and Editions
Tracealyzer is a family of products, where each product targets a particular operating system. Some Tracealyzer products are available in a feature-limited Free Edition, as well as the full Professional Edition. See the table below for a detailed feature comparison, with links to screenshots illustrating the features. We provide a single installer including both editions, when applicable. The installer also allows for time-limited evaluation with full functionality.
Purchasing and Pricing
Check our partner page for authorized resellers in your region, all specialized in embedded development tools.
If you are interested in multi-users license or a deployment license, please contact email@example.com for a quote.
Node-locked licenses can be purchased online, in the Percepio Store.
Licensing Terms and Conditions
For universities and other institutions for higher education we offer the University Package, a multi-user license with a common shared license key. The price is discounted by 90% compared to our commercial licenses and the minimum package is for 10 computers. These licenses are restricted to non-commercial use only. A 12-month maintenance plan is included, covering support and updates. The 90% discount also applies on maintenance plan extensions.
Request a quote by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Individual Licensing for Academic Users
We offer FREE ACADEMIC LICENSES for all Tracealyzer products for individual users within education or academic research. The academic licenses are restricted to non-commercial use only, but offer full functionally and unlimited updates. Support is not included.
To get an academic license, contact email@example.com using your university e-mail
and e-mail subject “ACADEMIC LICENSE REQUEST ”.
Please include the following information:
- Full name and e-mail
- University/school name, faculty and course
- A link to the course/project website
- A short project description (type of application in development, hardware and software used)
- Specific problems you hope to solve by using the Percepio tools
Conditions of the Academic License
- Strictly for non-commercial use.
- One (1) node-locked license is allowed per person.
- Does NOT include technical support. If you need support, see University Package above.
- By requesting an academic license, you give us the right to use your provided information for marketing purposes, except for your e-mail address. Specifically, we intend to list users, projects and schools with academic licenses at our website.
- We reserve the right to deny academic license requests.
Please allow us a few days to respond!
|Snapshot trace||Yes||Yes||Memory-efficient trace recording to a RAM buffer (typ. 6-7 byte/event).|
|Streaming trace||Limited||Yes||Continuous tracing over long durations (Free Edition limited to 30 seconds).|
|Task and ISR trace||Yes||Yes||Display of task-switching and traced ISRs.|
|CPU load graph||Yes||Yes||Variations in processor load over time, per task and ISR.|
|Finder window||Limited||Yes||Search for task instances and events, with filters.|
|Display of Kernel service calls||No||Yes||Message queues, semaphores, mutexes, etc.|
|Display of User Events||–||Yes||Log anything in your code, variables, states, events, etc.|
|Combine multiple views||Limited||Yes||Combine any of the 20+ horizontal views on the same timeline.|
|Statistics Report||–||Yes||Execution times, response times, etc. for each execution.|
|Memory Heap Utilization||–||Yes||Usage of dynamic memory, and highlighting of potential memory leaks.|
|Communication Flow graph||–||Yes||Dependency graph, showing interactions of tasks and ISRs via RTOS objects.|
|Kernel Object Utilization||–||Yes||The usage level of queues and counting semaphores over time.|
|Kernel Object History||–||Yes||List of all operations for a specific object, e.g., a semaphore or queue.|
|User Event Signal Plot||–||Yes||Plot your data from User Events, like inputs and outputs, states or other logged variables.|
|User Event Log
||–||Yes||List of User Events, much like a “debug console” view that gives a high-level view of relevant events.|
|Scheduling intensity||–||Yes||Number of traced context-switches per time unit, per task and ISR, over time.|
|Kernel Call Intensity||–||Yes||Number of kernel service calls per time unit, displayed over time, either by task/ISR or by service.|
|Kernel Blocking Times||–||Yes||All cases where tasks are blocked by the kernel, displayed as a plot.|
|Actor Instance Graphs||–||Yes||See variations in execution times, response times, periodicity, etc.|
.(* Free Edition is only available for FreeRTOS, and soon also for Micrium.)