The Percepio Tracealyzer host application is licensed per development seat or team. The following license types are available:
Node-locked license, a license key bound to a specific computer. Intended for individual users.
Floating network license, allowing unlimited installations on a single site, with a maximum number of concurrent users. Intended for small to medium-size teams.
Subscription license, a floating license that allows you to use Tracealyzer with most of our supported RTOSs. Renewed yearly.
- Academic licenses, low-cost and free licenses for academic institutions and students. Only for non-commercial usage.
You may evaluate Tracealyzer free of charge for a limited time. Register for evaluation on the Download page and a license key is emailed within a few minutes. This is a node-locked license and can’t be extended using the automated form. If you need more time for your evaluation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Note: Evaluation licenses are for EVALUATION only and may not be used for real issues in commercial projects.
Purchasing and Pricing
Look through our Partner page to locate an authorized reseller in your region. They are all specialized in embedded development tools and processes, and are happy to assist you with getting Tracealyzer up and running. You may also request a quote by filling out this form, or by mailing email@example.com.
Node-locked licenses can be purchased online, in the Percepio Store.
Support and Licensing Terms and Conditions
Intended for individual developers. Lets you run Tracealyzer on a single computer. One year of support and free updates are included, after that you can buy yearly maintenance contracts to continue receiving updates.
Intended for small to medium-sized workgroups. The license is shared within your group or organization and allows an unlimited number of installations, but there is a cap on the number of concurrent users. One year of support and updates is included and you can extend this with yearly maintenance contracts.
A solution tailored to larger development groups where there may be many RTOS projects running in parallel. It is also useful if you are evaluating several RTOSes and haven’t yet decided which one to use. A Subscription license is a floating license that allows you to use Tracealyzer with all of our supported operating systems*. It is valid for one year and includes not only free support and updates but also any Tracealyzer add-on products that Percepio may release during that time.
A subscription can at any time be converted to a regular floating license.
(*) Except SAFERTOS, Quadros.
University Package with Support
For universities and other institutions for higher education we offer the University Package, a multi-user license with a common shared license key. The price is discounted by 90% compared to our commercial licenses and the minimum package is for 10 computers. These licenses are restricted to non-commercial use only. A 12-month maintenance plan is included, covering support and updates. The 90% discount also applies on maintenance plan extensions.
Request a quote by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Licensing for Academic Users
We offer FREE ACADEMIC LICENSES for all Tracealyzer products for users within education or academic research. Schools and institutions can request a site license, while individual students can request a single license. In both cases, the academic licenses are restricted to non-commercial use only but offer full functionality and unlimited updates. Support is not included.
To obtain an academic license, contact email@example.com using your university e-mail and e-mail subject “ACADEMIC LICENSE REQUEST”.
Please include the following information:
- Full name, position, and e-mail
- University/school name, faculty
- For institutions
- A link to the school or institution home page
- University/school logo that we can display on our website. See https://percepio.com/partners/#academia for examples.
- A short supporting quote describing how you intend to use Tracealyzer, that we can use in our marketing
- The approximate number of seats in your computer lab(s)
- For individuals
- A link to the course/project website
- A short project description (type of application in development, hardware and software used)
- Specific problems you hope to solve by using Tracealyzer
Conditions of the Academic Licenses
- Strictly for non-commercial use.
- Limited to one year but may be extended at year’s end.
- Individual licenses consist of one (1) node-locked license.
- Site licenses can be customized to suit your needs.
- Does NOT include technical support. If you need support, see the University Package above.
- By requesting an academic license, you give us the right to use your provided information, including link. logo, and quote but not your e-mail address, for marketing purposes. Specifically, we intend to list users, projects and schools with academic licenses on our website.
- We reserve the right to deny academic license requests.