Percepio Tracealyzer is a stand-alone application for visualizing RTOS traces, and has a plugin for Microchip MPLAB X IDE. This allows you to save a trace snapshot from our trace recorder library via the MPLAB debugger and open them in Tracealyzer. The plugin supports the Tracealyzer recorder library for FreeRTOS, SafeRTOS and Micrium.
The plugin was last updated in february 2021 for MPLAB X IDE v5.45 and now supports both PIC32 and Arm-based Microchip MCUs.
To install the Tracealyzer Export Plugin in MPLAB X IDE, follow these steps:
- Download mplab-plugin.zip and extract the plugin file, “org-percepio-tracealyzerexportplugin.nbm”.
- In MPLAB X IDE, select Tools -> Plugins.
- Select “Downloaded” tab, and there click “Add Plugins…”.
- In the file browser, find and select “org-percepio-tracealyzerexportplugin.nbm”.
- Click the “Install” button.
Before starting your debug session in MPLAB X IDE, first start the plugin (“Tracealyzer Export Plugin”). This is found in the “Tools” menu, under “Embedded”.
When in a debug session and the system is halted, i.e., on a breakpoint or during single-step debugging, the “Save Trace” button is enabled. This saves the trace data to the specified file, that you then open in Tracealyzer.