We are happy to announce a major update of FreeRTOS+Trace, version 2.3, which is the first major update since the release of FreeRTOS+Trace.
The major improvements include:
- Built-in support for SEGGER J-Link and compatible devices such as Atmel SAM-ICE. This allows for convenient upload of the trace directly from FreeRTOS+Trace, independently of the debugger IDE.
- Several new views have been added, now over 20 in total.
- Horizontal views can now be synchronized and scrolled on the same timeline, which allows for correlating different perspectives of the trace.
- Updated recorder library, now with run-time filters that allows for getting longer traces by excluding less relevant events.
- The recorder library is now included in the FreeRTOS+Trace download.
Note: FreeRTOS+Trace can be used with any debug probe and development environment that is able to save a RAM dump in binary (.bin) or Intel Hex (.hex) format, which most do, for instance GDB, IAR, Renesas HEW and Atmel Studio. The new SEGGER J-Link integration however makes it more convenient to use. Also note that FreeRTOS+Trace v2.3 requires FreeRTOS v7.3.0 or later, and that a new license system is used, so existing users needs to contact support to get a new license key.