Yesterday we released Tracealyzer 4.2.2 with support for SafeRTOS and OpenRTOS from Wittenstein High Integrity Systems (WHIS), meaning that we upgrade SAFERTOS+TRACE to Tracealyzer 4. Register on our download page to get the download link and a 30-day evaluation license. The SafeRTOS recorder library is not included, so please contact WHIS if you are interested in evaluating this Tracealyzer version, or upgrading from the earlier v3.x version.
Version 4.2.2 also fixes a problem we had over the weekend with our web hosting provider, which prevented users from receiving and/or activating evaluation licenses. If this happened to you, please try to download Tracealyzer again or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Last but not least we have found, after several users reported having problems when running Tracealyzer on Linux with large screens, that there is a window size limit in Mono: Full HD, or 1920 x 1080 pixels. This can be fixed by rebuilding Mono from source, see below for instructions, but we realize that most users do not want to build and maintain their own Mono version. Therefore, Tracealyzer 4.2.2 for Linux enforces a maximum size for the main and undocked (“floating”) windows. It is initialized to 1920 x 1080 but can be overridden with command line arguments. Either add these arguments when calling the startup script (
launch-tz.sh) directly, or add them at the end of the script.
The limit is per window, so for large screens the best way to use the most amount of screen space is to have views undocked in their own floating windows.
./launch-tz.sh /width 1500 /height 1300
Add to launch-tz.sh script:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="." "$TZ_TEMP/mono" "$TZ_DIR/Tracealyzer.exe" $@ /width 1500 /height 1300
When selecting values, it is recommended to pick either width or height and calculate the other:
max_width = (1920 * 1080) / height
max_height = (1920 * 1080) / width
This ensures the area does not get too large. The example for width 1500 gives:
max_height = (1920 * 1080) / 1500 = 1382
And finally, for our hardcore users: the culprit is libgdiplus. Recompile it, changing REGION_MAX_BITMAP_SIZE in region-bitmap.h to a higher value, and you should be good to go.