On December 6, Percepio released version 4.2.8 of Tracealyzer, with support for Wind River VxWorks. VxWorks users can now take advantage of the new features in Tracealyzer 4, the largest update ever to our flagship application. This includes custom analysis with user-defined intervals and state machines and the configurable trace view. Integrated streaming support is not yet available, but is planned during 2019.
Tracealyzer 3 users developing with VxWorks can upgrade to Tracealyzer 4 starting at USD 495/EUR 395. Contact Percepio, or your local distributor for details.
Tracealyzer 4 for VxWorks is available through Percepio’s distributor network.
What Else is New?
Beyond VxWorks support, Tracealyzer 4.2.8 comes with a long list of improvements. Over 100 logged issues were fixed or implemented in this version; the most important ones are listed below.
- Project concept for users with multiple targets has been greatly improved
- Quick Finder (Ctrl+F) now works as expected
- Warnings and Errors that occur in the recorder will now show up when loading the trace
- It is now possible to set a global default layout
- Fields in the trace view can now be renamed
- Improved documentation
- Various stability and performance improvements
Percepio Trace Recorder
- Added a stream port for AFR Secure Sockets API.
- Fixed bug regarding Trace Warnings blocking Trace Errors from halting tracing
- Added trcExtensions.h for modular API instrumentation, with two example extensions for AFR. More information will follow.